Would you rather read the transcript? Click here.
School observations are REALLY important when you’re evaluating kids. Today I’m talking all about the importance of a school observation, how school observations can be a great marketing tool, and the practical elements of how to do a school observation. Here are just a few things I discuss:
- How to talk to parents about a school observation
- Billing for a school observation
- What to look for in a school observation
- Building relationships during a school observation
Cool Things Mentioned in This Episode
- I didn’t actually mentioned this, but I should have! If you’re looking for a structured observation system, the BASC-3 Student Observation System is great 🙂
- Episode 5 & this blog post on time management and scheduling in your testing practice
- MileIQ & Everlance – apps to track miles you drive to and from school (or any miles driven for work)
About Dr. Jeremy Sharp
Jeremy Sharp, PhD is a licensed psychologist and Clinical Director at the Colorado Center for Assessment & Counseling, a private practice that he founded in 2009 and has grown to include five other clinicians. He earned his undergraduate degree in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina before getting his Master’s and PhD in Counseling Psychology from Colorado State University. These days, Jeremy specializes in psychological and neuropsychological evaluation with kids and adolescents.
As the host of the Testing Psychologist Podcast, Dr. Sharp provides private practice consulting for psychologists and other mental health professionals who want to start or grow testing services in their practices. Jeremy lives in Fort Collins, Colorado with his wife (also a therapist) and two young kids.