Jennie Schottmiller, Certified Public Accountant and LMFT, is here to talk all about COVID-19 finances. We cover SO much ground in this episode, starting with how to manage finances during the pandemic and moving through everything you need to know about the PPP (whether you received it or not). Here are just a few things that we get into:
- How our financial mindset has to shift during the pandemic
- How the pandemic will affect our mindset in the future, when we can return to work
- How to navigate the PPP loan process
- What do do with your PPP loan (if you got one)
- What to do if you didn’t get a PPP loan
- What documentation you will probably need for forgiveness of the PPP loan
Cool Things Mentioned
- Coronavirus FAQ: https://www.simpleprofit.com/coronavirus-faq
- PPP loan forgiveness: https://www.simpleprofit.com/pppforgiveness
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simple Profit for Mental Health Clinicians group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/simpleprofit/
- Simple Profit PPP loan forgiveness group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pppforgiveness/
- Blue Vine
The Testing Psychologist podcast is approved for CEU’s!
I’ve partnered with At Health to offer CE credits for podcast episodes! Visit this link to access current and past episodes available for CE credit. You can use code “TTP10” for a discount on ALL the course credits you purchase from At Health!
About Jennie Schottmiller, LMFT, CPA
Jennie Schottmiller is a licensed marriage and family therapist (LMFT) and licensed Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in Pennsylvania. In 2007, Jennie left accounting to focus on health and family. She became a marriage and family therapist in 2010. Soon after opening her private therapy practice, Jennie realized that many of her peers struggled with accounting, tax, budgeting and cash management. In addition to her clinical practice, she now runs a thriving Simple Profit Facebook group and website, simpleprofit.com. Simple Profit offers free resources as well as educational courses to support and coaching to empower clinicians.
About Dr. Jeremy Sharp
I’m a licensed psychologist and Clinical Director at the Colorado Center for Assessment & Counseling, a private practice that I founded in 2009 and grew to include 12 licensed clinicians, three clinicians in training, and a full administrative staff. I earned my undergraduate degree in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina before getting my Master’s and PhD in Counseling Psychology from Colorado State University. These days, I specialize in psychological and neuropsychological evaluation with kids and adolescents.
As the host of the Testing Psychologist Podcast, I provide private practice consulting for psychologists and other mental health professionals who want to start or grow psychological testing services in their practices. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado with my wife (also a therapist) and two young kids.
Ready to grow your testing services? Click below to schedule a complimentary 30-minute pre-consulting call!