Would you rather read the transcript? Click here.
Elizabeth Hamblet from LD Advisory is here to chat with me about preparing students and their families for the world of college accommodations. As you’ll hear during the interview, this episode is helpful for any of us who evaluate kids as young as middle-school age, because that’s when we need to start helping families prepare for college. Here are just a few topics that we cover during our conversation:
- Differences in section 504 as they apply to high school and college accommodations
- The importance of skill-building in addition to accommodations
- Common mistakes and recommendations that psychologists make in our reports
Cool Things Mentioned
- Glean software
- TTP episode w/ Drs. Harrison and Suhr
- TTP episodes w/ Ben Lovett:
- Will Lindstrom & Jason Nelson research
- Associate of Higher Ed & Disabilities
- TTP episode w/ Dr. Martinelli
- Universal design for learning principles
I am honored to partner with PAR to bring you featured items from their catalog! Listen to each episode for specific product recommendations and links. Learn more at www.parinc.com.
The Testing Psychologist podcast is approved for CEU’s!
I’ve partnered with At Health to offer CE credits for podcast episodes! Visit this link to access current and past episodes available for CE credit. You can use code “TTP10” for a discount on ALL the course credits you purchase from At Health!
About Elizabeth Hamblet
Elizabeth C. Hamblet has worked as a learning disabilities specialist in college disability services offices for more than two decades. In addition to working at a university, she is a nationally requested speaker on preparing students with disabilities for successful college transition. Hamblet is the author of two previous books and a laminated guide on this subject, and her work has appeared in numerous journals and online platforms.
- Twitter – @echamblet
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/LDadvisory/
- LinkedIn – https://www.linkedin.com/in/elizabeth-c-hamblet
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/ld_advisory/
- Youtube – https://bit.ly/LDadvisoryCTPlaylist
About Dr. Jeremy Sharp
I’m a licensed psychologist and Clinical Director at the Colorado Center for Assessment & Counseling, a private practice that I founded in 2009 and grew to include nine licensed clinicians, three clinicians in training, and a full administrative staff. I earned my undergraduate degree in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina before getting my Master’s and PhD in Counseling Psychology from Colorado State University. These days, I specialize in psychological and neuropsychological evaluation with kids and adolescents.
As the host of the Testing Psychologist Podcast, I provide private practice consulting for psychologists and other mental health professionals who want to start or grow psychological testing services in their practices. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado with my wife (also a therapist) and two young kids.
Ready to grow your testing services? Click below to schedule a complimentary 30-minute pre-consulting call!