Would you rather read the transcript? Click here.
This episode is for all of you who are thinking about hiring another psychologist in your practice to handle testing. A few episodes ago, we talked about finding a psychometrist. Bringing on another psychologist is similar but certainly has its own nuances. Here a few things that I cover today:
- How do you know when it’s time to hire another testing psychologist in your practice?
- And how do you decide if you want another psychologist rather than a psychometrist?
- Once you make these choices, where do you actually find another psychologist?
- Do you bring on this person as an independent contractor or W2?
- What do you ask and how do you interview another psychologist?
Cool Things Mentioned
- Episode 25: When & How to Expand Your Testing Practice
- The Testing Psychologist Advanced Practice mastermind
- 10 Places to Look for Your Next Testing Psychologist
- IRS page on W2 vs IC
- Medical Necessity episode
- The Testing Psychologist Community on Facebook
The Testing Psychologist podcast is approved for CEU’s!
I’ve partnered with At Health to offer CE credits for podcast episodes! Visit this link to access current and past episodes available for CE credit. You can use code “TTP10” for a discount on ALL the course credits you purchase from At Health!
About Dr. Jeremy Sharp
I’m a licensed psychologist and Clinical Director at the Colorado Center for Assessment & Counseling, a private practice that I founded in 2009 and grew to include 12 licensed clinicians, three clinicians in training, and a full administrative staff. I earned my undergraduate degree in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina before getting my Master’s and PhD in Counseling Psychology from Colorado State University. These days, I specialize in psychological and neuropsychological evaluation with kids and adolescents.
As the host of the Testing Psychologist Podcast, I provide private practice consulting for psychologists and other mental health professionals who want to start or grow psychological testing services in their practices. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado with my wife (also a therapist) and two young kids.
Ready to grow your testing services? Click below to schedule a complimentary 30-minute pre-consulting call!