Dr. Chris Mulchay is here today speaking with me all about child custody evaluations. Many of you may recognize Chris from his role as a co-moderator of the Testing Psychologist Community on Facebook, so you won’t be surprised that he brings extensive knowledge and a down-to-earth style to this conversation. Here are a few things that we cover:
- Definitions and types of custody evaluations
- How to get referrals for child custody evaluations
- Essential guidelines and training for those interested in doing child custody evaluations
- The practical nuts and bolts of conducting child custody evaluations, from start to finish
Cool Things Mentioned
- American Academy of Forensic Psychology
- MMPI-3 webinar next month
- Chris’s website: www.ashevilletesting.com
- Concept CE recorded webinars
- The Art and Science of Child Custody Evaluations by Gould and Martindale (affiliate link)
- APA Specialty guidelines for forensic psychology
- APA guidelines for child custody evaluations
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers
- Michael Lamb’s writings on forensic interviewing of children
- Personality Assessment Inventory (PAI)
- The Testing Psychologist Advanced Practice mastermind
The Testing Psychologist podcast is approved for CEU’s!
I’ve partnered with At Health to offer CE credits for podcast episodes! Visit this link to access current and past episodes available for CE credit. You can use code “TTP10” for a discount on ALL the course credits you purchase from At Health!
About Dr. Chris Mulchay
Chris Mulchay, Ph.D. is a licensed psychologist in both North Carolina and Hawai’i. His practice focuses on three types of assessments: ADHD, learning disorders, and custodial evaluations.
Dr. Mulchay moved to Asheville from Hawai’i, where he completed his postdoc. He was one of a small team of three professionals to establish clinics in rural areas of Hawai’i. They had a federal grant to conduct multidisciplinary evaluations for family court. Dr. Mulchay is honored to serve as a moderator for The Testing Psychologist, president for his local psychological association and as regional rep for his state psychological association. He is also proud to be on a few committees of the International Council of Psychologists.
Outside of work, Dr. Mulchay enjoys spending time with his family and his two Australian Shepherds. He enjoys spending time on the water (surfing, paddling, swimming), hiking in the mountains or attending a concert.
About Dr. Jeremy Sharp
I’m a licensed psychologist and Clinical Director at the Colorado Center for Assessment & Counseling, a private practice that I founded in 2009 and grew to include 12 licensed clinicians, three clinicians in training, and a full administrative staff. I earned my undergraduate degree in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina before getting my Master’s and PhD in Counseling Psychology from Colorado State University. These days, I specialize in psychological and neuropsychological evaluation with kids and adolescents.
As the host of the Testing Psychologist Podcast, I provide private practice consulting for psychologists and other mental health professionals who want to start or grow psychological testing services in their practices. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado with my wife (also a therapist) and two young kids.
Ready to grow your testing services? Click below to schedule a complimentary 30-minute pre-consulting call!