So many of you have asked about growing your practice by hiring other folks. I know the testing side, but my good friend Maureen Werrbach knows to hire clinicians and run a practice like nobody else. She started solo several years ago and now has a 20+ clinician practice in Chicago that is just killing it on all fronts. In our conversation, we tackle…
- The one metric to track that will let you know when to hire
- Three things you have to consider before hiring your first clinician
- The difference between 1099’s and W2’s
- A common marketing mistake when you go from solo to group
Cool Things Mentioned in This Episode
- Radical Candor (affiliate link)
- Grit (affiliate link)
- Profit First (affiliate link)
- Ideal Clinician Worksheet
- The Group Practice Exchange
- The Group Practice Exchange membership community
- The Group Practice Owners’ Exchange Facebook group
About Maureen Werrbach
Maureen is the owner of Urban Wellness, a multi-location group practice in Chicago and a group practice business coach and owner of The Group Practice Exchange, a business development resource for group practice owners. You can learn more about TGPE at www.thegrouppracticeexchange.com.
About Dr. Jeremy Sharp
I’m a licensed psychologist and Clinical Director at the Colorado Center for Assessment & Counseling, a private practice that I founded in 2009 and grew to include nine licensed clinicians, three clinicians in training, and a full administrative staff. I earned my undergraduate degree in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina before getting my Master’s and PhD in Counseling Psychology from Colorado State University. These days, I specialize in psychological and neuropsychological evaluation with kids and adolescents.
As the host of the Testing Psychologist Podcast, I provide private practice consulting for psychologists and other mental health professionals who want to start or grow psychological testing services in their practices. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado with my wife (also a therapist) and two young kids.
Ready to grow your testing services? Click below to schedule a complimentary 30-minute pre-consulting call!