Let’s talk about spring cleaning for your practice. Sure, it’s summer – but summer is when many of us have free time to actually step back and take stock of things (if you don’t have that free time, that’s tip number one – create time on your schedule to review your practice!). Today I’m talking about a few quick tips for getting your practice on track and making sure that you’re in good shape heading into the new school year! Here are some of the ideas:
- Make time on your schedule to survey your practice’s health
- Get financially savvy with two simple steps
- Review your test batteries and do a “deep dive” into research to make sure you’re on point
- Update your paperwork to reflect any changes with clinicians or services
- Raise your rates (or send out letters to negotiate with insurance companies)
- Revise your report template
Cool Things Mentioned in This Episode
About Dr. Jeremy Sharp
I’m a licensed psychologist and Clinical Director at the Colorado Center for Assessment & Counseling, a private practice that I founded in 2009 and grew to include nine licensed clinicians, three clinicians in training, and a full administrative staff. I earned my undergraduate degree in Experimental Psychology from the University of South Carolina before getting my Master’s and PhD in Counseling Psychology from Colorado State University. These days, I specialize in psychological and neuropsychological evaluation with kids and adolescents.
As the host of the Testing Psychologist Podcast, I provide private practice consulting for psychologists and other mental health professionals who want to start or grow psychological testing services in their practices. I live in Fort Collins, Colorado with my wife (also a therapist) and two young kids.
Ready to grow your testing services? Click below to schedule a complimentary 30-minute pre-consulting call!